Valentine’s Day- the perfect night to open up a bottle of wine, have a nice sushi dinner … oh wait, you’re pregnant. But before you resign yourself to eating a stack of saltine crackers and turning in at 8pm, we are here with a few festive Valentine’s Day ideas for moms-to-be-
- Not up for dinner? Go see a show! It’s dark, you get to sit down the whole time- what could be better? Go to the movies for a fun romantic comedy, or splurge on tickets to a play or concert you’ve been dying to see.
- Invest in an outfit that makes you feel like the hot mama that you are. Peel off those yoga pants which may have been seen better days and get a cute maternity dress like this one from Isabella Oliver.
- Pamper yourself from head to toe- Take a warm bath and slather on our Mega Moisture Cream Free. Get a mani/pedi and splurge on an extra long foot massage. Treat yourself to some new makeup and quality, pregnancy safe skincare to embrace your glow.
- Can’t drink? Ask the bartender for a fun mocktail-or make your own at home! Just because you’re skipping the cocktails for awhile doesn’t mean you can’t drink something fun. Most bartenders are happy to come up with a fruity alcohol-free concoction or just ask for a virgin version of your normal favorite. If you’re dining at home treat yourself to one of our fun recipes below.
Valentine’s Day Mocktails from basq NYC
The basq Strawberry Lemonade Momtini
Strawberries are a natural source of folic acid and fiber- plus this drink is delicious!
- 1 quart Organic, all natural lemonade
- 8-10 strawberries
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
Chop strawberries and chiffonade basil. Add strawberries and basil to lemonade and quickly blend- just enough to turn the mixture a light pink color. Serve over plenty of crushed ice and garnish with a lemon twist or whole strawberry.
The basq NYC Fauxito
This refreshing and light mocktail has a bonus- mint is a natural remedy for nausea!
- 6-10 leaves of fresh mint, chiffonade.
- sparkling water- Whole Foods makes a great mint flavor
- Juice from one half lime plus more for garnish
- 1-2 Tbsp simple syrup or liquid Sugar in the Raw
In a sturdy glass, muddle mint with lime juice to release the flavor. Pour (do not strain) mint and lime mixture into a cocktail shaker with plenty of crushed ice and the simple syrup. Shake to chill and pour into a highball. Top with plenty of mint sparkling water.