Nut Butter Overnight Oats with Banana Brûlée
This recipe is easy, delicious and packed with fiber and protein- two things critical for a healthy pregnant diet! Plus it’s filling enough to keep you going all morning. The warm caramelized bananas make it taste like a decadent dessert.
Make a big batch and store it to keep you going during the week. Here’s how easy it is-
Mix Together with a Whisk or Hand Blender:
- 1 c steel cut oats
- 1/2 c milk of choice
- 4 tbsp peanut butter or PB2 powdered peanut butter. You can even try flavored peanut butter or other nut butters like almond. If you really want a treat, try chocolate peanut butter!
- 3 tbsp pure organic maple syrup or liquid Sugar in the Raw
Mix thoroughly and store overnight in a large mason jar to soften the oats.
- Eat a little coconut oil or butter in a pan
- Once hot, add 1/2 sliced banana and sauté until caramelized
- Top as desired- toasted nuts, chia or, for extra power, try a Superseed blend with chia, buckwheat and hemp (pictured). Chia has protein, fiber and Omega 3 Fatty acids which are critical for mom’s health and baby’s development!
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker