It’s those last few weeks before you’re due. Your nesting instincts are in full effect and you’re excited to meet your new arrival. Now is the perfect time to make sure you have everything ready and packed in your hospital bag so when the big day comes you’re all set.
We’ve compiled a list of must haves for your hospital bag plus our favorite basq NYC products to soothe you during labor and keep you comfortable during recovery and beyond. As always, all basq NYC products are safe for pregnant and nursing moms.
Download a printable PDF of our Hospital Bag Checklist
Labor and Delivery Hospital Bag-
- basq NYC Oh Baby! Hospital Essentials– Our Hospital Essentials kit includes travel sizes of products perfect to soothe you during labor, moisturize dry skin and ease aching muscles- Lavender Spa Mist, Mega Moisture Cream Free, Cooling Body Bliss and Lavender Calming Oil.
- Other Toiletries- Lip balm, face wipes, face moisturizer, deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste, hair brush and clips/ties, and eye drops.
- For your partner: a change of clothes, toiletries to freshen up and snacks they can duck out to eat.
- Hard candy to soothe dry mouth.
- Flip flops and slippers- for walking those halls and questionable shower floors.
- Camera and/or video camera for capturing those first moments
- iPod with soothing playlist
- Phone charger
- A current email/phone distribution list to keep friends and family up to date.
- 2-3 pairs of pajamas (nursing pajamas if you plan on breastfeeding) and a robe. Nightgowns are easiest- if you get a c-section you don’t want anything rubbing against that incision!
- Comfortable loose underwear and nursing bras
- Outfit to leave hospital. Your midsection will still be very swollen, so pack something comfortable and loose at the waist.
- Maxi pads- the hospital provides them but they’re typically the bulky kind. Do not get anything with a mesh weave because it can catch on stitches if you get them.
- Your own towel and pillow and pillowcase. Though the hospital provides them, it’s often comforting to have your own.
- Toiletries and makeup- your own shampoo and shower products.
- Your skin will be dry and stretched. Our Resilient Body Stretch Mark Oil will help nourish and strengthen your skin as you bounce back.
- Entertainment- books, laptop or tablet with chargers, ear buds/headphones
- Eye mask and ear plug
- Going home outfit
- A properly installed infant car seat. Many police departments or fire stations will install them free of charge.
- Receiving blanket to bundle up
- Depending on time of year- hat, fleece wrap, etc.
- No need for diapers, pacifiers and wipes- the hospital will provide plenty, so grab extras!