Nothing can feel harder on your body than pregnancy! Back pain, foot cramps, puffy eyes and achy skin are common problems for expectant mothers. basq NYC is here with our favorite tips and products to safely treat aches and swelling in pregnancy
- Get a prenatal massage! Now is the time to treat yourself well, and a pregnancy massage can do wonders to soothe aching muscles.
- Drink lots and lots of water. One of the main culprits of muscle pain is dehydration. Try adding lemon, cucumber or mint to your water for extra refreshment.
- Take a warm (not hot!) bath. Add a cup of Epsom salt and drizzle our Lavender Calming Oil into the water to soothe your senses. Soak for 15 minutes and then moisturize well with our Mega Moisture Cream
- Move! Light, pregnancy-safe exercise can help increase blood flow and ease swelling. Prenatal yoga and swimming are favorites to reduce stress and help your body recover. Gentle stretches also help with muscle recovery.
- Pat our Cucumber Tea Eye Gel under your eyes to reduce swelling and refresh tired, puffy eyes.
- Elevate your feet and apply ice your ankles to reduce foot and leg swelling.
- Reduce leg swelling by massaging our Cooling Body Bliss in an upward fashion, starting at the calves. This lightweight gel has natural botanicals like cucumber, eucalyptus and aloe to soothe pregnancy aches.
- Sleep on your left side with your knees bent and a pillow in between your legs. This is the best position for optimal blood flow for your growing baby and you.
- Treat your feet well! Avoid tight socks and shoes, and invest in comfortable, supportive foot wear. Many women’s feet grow a bit during pregnancy, so treat yourself to a new pair!